The Aga Khan University Admissions 2020 for Aga Khan Medical College and Aga Khan University School of Nursing (AKUSON) are announced by the Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi in the month of April consecutively in different cities of Pakistan.
Most importantly AKU aptitude test is conducted in the month of May or June. In short, around 100 seats are allocated for the MBBS Program every year.
In addition to it, the Applicants are shortlisted for the interview after passing the aptitude test which depends on the combination of Higher Secondary School accomplishment or A-Levels and the Aga Khan University Aptitude Test score.
Above all the Applicants are enrolled in Aga Khan Medical College if they pass the aptitude test and as well as an interview.
In conclusion, this is the basic criteria and short information to get admission at Aga Khan University medical college.
All the students who have completed or are in the process of completing their HSSC (FSc Pre-medical) with 60% or more in aggregate can apply for the aptitude test.
So equivalence certificate is required for the candidates who have education other than the Pakistani system (i.e. A-level) from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) in Pakistan.
In order to apply for the Aga Khan Medical aptitude test, the qualification must be equivalent to pre-medical qualification in Pakistan.
Note: The hard copy of the following documents must be sent to the Admission Office, whether a candidate is applying online or submitting the pre-printed application.
The application will only be considered if received through courier to the Admission Office within the given time duration. An application must include:
The application form must be in hard form; either submitted online or paper-based
Contains two recent passport size color photographs having your name and attestation on the back;
There must be attested photocopies of mark sheets / official transcripts / general certificates as entered on the form
The Copy of ‘B’ Form / CNIC / NICOP for applicants applying from Pakistan or relevant pages of passport for overseas applicants
An envelope bearing the candidate’s name, address, and contact number. This envelope will be used to send the admit card to the candidate.
Original payment receipt of application fee
Applicants applying from Aga Khan University Hospital residential countries* : Rs 5,800/-
Applicants applying from Aga Khan University Hospital non-residential countries: US$ 300/-
*Afghanistan, Burundi, Kenya, Pakistan, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Application Fee (One time): 6,300
- Admission Fee (One time): 130,000
- Graduation Fee (One time): 17,000
- Physical Examination Fee (One time): 11,700
- Security Deposit (refundable) (One time): 10,000
- Student Activity Fee (Annual): 2,800
- Student Health Fee (Annual): 14,300
- Tuition/Per Year Fee (Annual): 903,600
- University Fee (Annual): 992,400
- Hostel Fee* (Monthly): 20,000
Office of the Registrar
Medical College – (Program name)
Aga Khan University Hospital
Stadium Road, P. O. Box 3500
Phone: +92 21 3486 4410 / 4412
The Admissions are purely the merit-based as a result an aggregate/merit for admission is calculated through the following formula:
Matric /equivalent: 10%
HSSC (Pre-medical) / equivalent: 40%
FMDC / AKU Entry Test: 50%
AKU Entry Test Syllabus 2020:
- Course books, A-level or Higher Secondary School Education (HSSC) books
- SAT-I (For English and Mathematics) and SAT-II (For Biology, Physics, and Chemistry)
- Medical Colleges Admissions Test (It is a foreign book like SAT book. Student can search this book on the Internet or buy from the market)
Contact: +92 21 3486 4410 – 12
The aptitude test is divided into FIVE sub sections: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science Reasoning and Mathematical Reasoning.
The aptitude test carries 120 marks with a total duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
SUB SECTIONS (Time = 2 HourS and 30 MINUTES)
- Each question carry 1 mark
- The aptitude test contains negative Marking
- There will be a Negative Marking of 0.25 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology Sections
The Aga Khan University Aptitude test is valid for the one academic year.
The applicant can select any of the cities given below as his/her aptitude test centre. However, the applicants are advised for their own convenience to choose a city nearest to their residence.
Read The Another Articles:
- NED Masters Admission 2020
- NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi Undergraduate Admissions
- NED UET Free Online Self Assessment Test
Researcher, Blogger, Content Writer, Online Marketing Expert, Aptitude Test & Admissions Expert, Career Counselor.
PEC REGISTERED. ENGINEER. (ARMY MED. COLLEGE)
CEO / Founder (The Educationist Hub)