First, let’s talk about the opportunities that the fourth industrial revolution will bring to freelancing business, and also try to understand what technological advances are staining the fourth industrial revolution:
* The global data volume will double in the next four years. The data volume will double again in the next three years.
* Unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) facilitate agriculture and many difficult tasks. Facilities for distant populations are created.
There are revolutionary changes in the way people and goods are transported.
* Climate change, biodiversity, and marine pollution are immediate challenges, and new technologies such as small satellites, robotic platforms, artificial intelligence, and genetic sequencing are emerging.
* The Internet of Things market will exceed $ 20 billion to $20 billion next year.
* Autonomous vehicles make travel safer, reduce pollution, and change the way we travel in cities.
Automated vehicles will also change the public and private transport systems, which will affect the employment of millions of people.
Also Read: What are the Best Freelance Skills to Learn?
* Blockchain is a powerful way to track and process transactions that will have a huge impact on trading. Cryptocurrencies are an example of this, as is their use in other sectors such as energy, shipping, and the media.
* The availability of modern digital platforms and the widespread availability of genetic and biological data can improve treatment results and reduce costs.
What does the massive “annoyance” mean for a freelancer? The simple answer is “opportunities” and there are 5 steps you should consider to take advantage of these opportunities:
Be Aware of New Trends so that you are not Surprised:
We know many companies that have not kept pace with changing trends and new technologies or that new trends have not only strengthened their strong business base.
They had to close their business in a competitive environment. As a freelancer, you are also aware of changes, new trends and the changing mood of the market and identify, monitor and prepare for new opportunities that arise in the vicinity of your work.
According to a research report published in the Harvard Business Review, companies that have been founded for decades with the “big goal” of customer service reach the top.
Nobody does business to do small things. In such a situation, freelancing business owners also have to work with a big goal.
Where do you see your business in the next 3-5 years? What will you do to bridge the gap between your vision and the way you do business today? Are the skills you have sufficient for your job? Are you looking for new trends and preparing to meet the requirements of these trends for success? What will the future workforce look like?
In the future there will be an increasing tendency to work part-time and at home or remotely. How do you want to use these options?
Also Read: What will data scientist career look like in 2021?
Spend Time with Thoughtful and Well-qualified Friends:
As the various work platforms become larger day by day and these platforms become “agency agencies”, individual freelancers become, as the advantages of a competitive environment diminish. This is a new trend.
In such a situation, it has become essential for freelancers not only to further improve their skills, but also to increase their engagement with other freelancing business owners and to formulate a common strategy against these emerging threats.
Act and Make your Presence Felt:
Talented platforms slow you down and with increasing market size it is just as difficult for you to maintain your uniqueness.
As a result, artificial intelligence takes the place of man over time. In this case, you will be left far behind if you don’t have a plan as a freelancing business.
According to Stephen Caserll of Upwork, it takes time to start a company and then call it.
According to Stephen, only 2% of new freelancers who come to his platform get a job in the first month. You need to create a recognizable and unique identity for yourself by focusing on your energy, services and goals. Only then will it be easier for customers to decide why they should assign a task to you or your team.
As Casrell says: “Freelance work is a business, and just as a company needs some of the essential prerequisites to be successful, freelancers also need to find out what they need to become a successful freelancer.”
This means that they have to acquire the necessary skills and invest in them. At the same time, you need to be able to sell businesses, deliver on time, and improve your skills over time.”
Researcher, Blogger, Content Writer, Online Marketing Expert, Aptitude Test & Admissions Expert, Career Counselor.
PEC REGISTERED. ENGINEER. (ARMY MED. COLLEGE)
CEO / Founder (The Educationist Hub)