What is Mathematics?
Mathematics is the science that deals with the logic of form, quantity and arrangement. Mathematics is all around us in everything we do.
It is the cornerstone of our daily lives, including mobile devices, architecture (old and modern), art, money, engineering, and even sports.
Since the beginning of recorded history, mathematical discovery has been at the forefront in all civilized societies and has been used even in the most primitive cultures.
The needs of mathematics arose according to the needs of society. The more complex a society is, the more complex the mathematical needs are.
The primitive tribes took little more than the ability to count, but they also relied on math to calculate the position of the sun and the physics of hunting.
History of Mathematics
- Various civilizations in China, India, Egypt, Central America and Mesopotamia have contributed to the math as we know it today. The Sumerians were the first to develop a counting system. Mathematicians developed arithmetic that includes basic operations, multiplications, fractions, and square roots. The Sumerian system went around 300 BC. Through the Akkadian Empire to the Babylonians. C. Six hundred years later, the Mayans in the United States developed sophisticated calendar systems and were experienced astronomers. Around this time the concept of zero was developed.
- As civilizations developed, mathematicians began to work with geometry, which calculates areas and volumes to take angular measurements, and has many practical uses. Geometry is used in all areas, from house building to fashion and interior design.
- Geometry went hand in hand with algebra, which was invented in the 9th century by a Persian mathematician, Mohammed ibn-Musa al-Khowarizmi. He also developed quick methods for multiplying and diving numbers, so-called algorithms, falsifying his name.
- Algebra offered civilizations the opportunity to split inheritances and allocate resources. Studying algebra meant that mathematicians solved both linear and quadratic equations and systems and dealt with positive and negative solutions. Ancient mathematicians also began to analyze number theory. With its origins in form construction, number theory analyzes figurative numbers, the characterization of numbers and theorems.
Why math is so important?
In my opinion, math is very important for me for the following reasons:
- Mathematics have given the humanity, and especially those who created / discovered it, with a structured line of reasoning that leads us to reason / learn more than just using natural language.
- Mathematics shows beauty (at least for some), especially through the fascinatingly complex topology of the paths it offers.
- Mathematics has a wide range of applications, particularly in the fields of engineering, science and finance. It enables humanity to escape the boundaries of the inherently ambiguous natural language in order to establish more reliable knowledge and to accelerate the modern world. I have to add the role of statistics so that knowledge in the complex areas of e.g. Psychology, sociology and politics.
- Mathematics is a product of the human mind and can be a means of communicating with any high-level non-human intelligence that humanity encounters.
11th Class maths notes download pdf
You can get 11th class math notes download pdf from here.
11th class math past papers download pdf
11th Class maths past papers download pdf
You can download 12th class math notes pdf from here.
12th class math past papers download pdf
9th, 10th, 11th, 12th class math guess papers are also uploaded on this website.
Similarly these math guess papers are also uploaded on our YouTube channel.