The National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) has been appointed by Pakistan Medical Council (PMC) as the “Entry Test Examination Authority” for the MDCAT 2020 – 2021 session. The MDCAT 2020 Entry test will take place the second week of November.
In a press release by the PMC after the first council meeting of the regulatory authority it is said that NUMS had been designated as a “Entry Test Examination Authority”.
He added that the exam will be based on the FSC common curriculum of all Pakistani provinces, adding that applicants can use the MDCAT curriculum already announced by NUMS.
“The exact date of the MDCAT test will be announced within a week after all logistics have been completed,” the PMC clarified. He added that 60% marks will be mandatory to pass the entry test examination.
The examining authority PMC further said, which replaced the Pakistani Dental and Medical Council approval, said “any public or private university, including having seats on quota basis,” must have to pass the MDCAT entry test as well.
“Admission to all public universities takes place between November and December for each province,” the PMC also clarified.
The PMC also announced that the NUMS entry test, which will take place on October 11th, will be part of the eligibility criteria in addition to MDCAT.
He added that admission to Agha Khan Medical College will also be from Agha Khan Medical University but is subject to mandatory MDCAT 2020 entry test.
Fee structure For Private Medical Colleges
- The approval policy for the period 2020-2021 has been finalized to regulate the medical admissions and private colleges fee structure.
- Proposed fees for all private colleges will be forwarded to PMC and communicated by PMC, including tuition fees and all incidental expenses. These are set for the entire program period for students who are admitted this year.
Practising Licensing For MBBS Doctors
- All applications related to licensing and license renewal are available online for ease of use for applicants.
- All applications that are on pending for licenses, renewals, certificates and reviews are urgently processed within four weeks.
- Students who completed their term paper before September 25th do not need to attend the NLE to receive the full license.
- PMC will immediately begin issuing permits for overseas graduates to obtain a license to practice in Pakistan. He also clarified that students who have studied at a recognized foreign university can only take the license exam.
Foreign Medical Colleges Admissions
- Students currently applying for admission to overseas universities would do so at their own risk and expense pending verification by overseas universities.
- All medical schools in Kyrgyzstan were blacklisted in a report from the Pakistani embassy. He added that the PMC will not consider allowing Kyrgyz students to practice.
Administrative Body of PMC
- Dr. Shaista Zeeshan has been appointed council secretary on a 60-day contract or may continue until a permanent secretary is appointed.
- Raza Shah has been named IT director on a 60-day contract or pending the appointment of a permanent TI member.
- The council also formulated the following committees:
1. Administrative and Personnel Committee
2. Finance committee & Examinations Committee
3. Legal and Regulatory Committee
- The council will also initiate a transparent and performance-based process for the appointment of members under Section 15 of the PMC 2020 Act, which will be carried out immediately by the staff committee and completed within 45 days.