The federal government has launched the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program 2021 to help poor and deserved people in these difficult times due to the Coronavirus lockdown, as many are unemployed.
According to the press release by Dr. Sania Nishtar, the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program 2020 will assist 12 million families by donating Rs. 12,000 per family and the total approved budget for this initiative is Rs. 144 billion, although with increasing demand a new proposal could be sent to the cabinet to get more funds.
Would you like to know how to apply for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program 2021? Read the instructions below:
- Write your CNIC number and send it to 8171.
- The Ehsaas emergency program registration 8171 team checks your login information from its database.
- After reviewing the database credentials, they will inform you whether or not you are eligible for the grant.
PM Imran Khan has launched several initiatives to combat the coronavirus pandemic. To help marginalized sections of society, PM recently launched the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program 2021.
Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program is the largest social protection initiative in Pakistan’s history. The aim is to provide financial support to 12 million families.
The Prime Minister just launched the @Ehsaas_PK Emergency Cash initiative in response to #COVID19, the largest-ever social protection initiative in the history of Pakistan. 12 million families (72 million individuals) will receive Rs. 12,000 each. Total cost Rs. 144 Billion. pic.twitter.com/JaAS8jt1rE
— Sania Nishtar (@SaniaNishtar) April 1, 2020
All daily workers (دیاڑی پر کام کرنے والے) and employees can apply for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program 2021 via SMS.
Ehsaas SMS sending campaign will help the government identify legitimate beneficiaries. To check your eligibility for this program, you need to do the following:
- Write your CNIC number in the SMS
- Send it to 8171
- Ehsaas team checks your login information from its database and responds accordingly.
- You will receive an SMS whether you’re eligible or not.
If your national identity card (CNIC) details are in the National Socioeconomic Registry (NSER), you will receive a message stating that you are eligible for this program.
Eligible applicants will be informed via SMS about the subsequent process.
If your credentials don’t lie in the Ehsaas database, you will be asked to contact your district administration.
According to a briefing by the Prime Minister’s Special Assistant for Social Protection and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Sania Nishtar:
People can collect cash from POS banking (point of sale) without biometrically activated branches and activated ATMs biometrically.
After NADRA’s biometric verification of each beneficiary, cash transfers are made to them.
- If your CNIC is valid, go to the next step. Otherwise, you will receive a message that your CNIC is invalid and you are not authorized for the program.
- If your app is blocked because of a blocked health profile, you are not eligible for this program either.
- If you or your spouse are government employees, you are not eligible for the program.
- The applicant is ineligible if it is enrolled in other federal government grants/funding plans.
Beneficiaries or persons who are eligible for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program 2021 are, according to Dr. Sania Nishtar divided into three categories.
These are three categories of beneficiaries, as explained below:
- People who are already part of the Ehsaas Kafaalat program and receive Rs. 2,000 per month are now earning an additional Rs. 1,000 as part of the Eshaas Emergency Cash Program for the next four months and payment is made at a flat rate of Rs. 12,000 for the 4 months. This category includes around 4.5 million people.
- This category has people who are already represented in the National Socio-Economic Database. There are 4 million people.
- This includes around 3.5 million people and those whose lists have been compiled by district and who are undergoing data checks.
All of these categories are subjected to a data review to identify the most deserving individuals. Provinces can choose to help more people than the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program provides but must provide the list of additional people and the amount. The full list is also subjected to the same data checks.
For those who prefer Urdu, Read this “Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program 2021 in Urdu“
Please note that the federal government (Ehsaas program) and the provincial government’s welfare programs are NOT the same. However, you can use both governments’ funds as long as you are eligible.
If you would like more information about How to apply online for Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program 2021, Feel free to tell us in the comments below.
Researcher, Blogger, Content Writer, Online Marketing Expert, Aptitude Test & Admissions Expert, Career Counselor.
PEC REGISTERED. ENGINEER. (ARMY MED. COLLEGE)
CEO / Founder (The Educationist Hub)