Harvard University Free Online Courses on China and Communism From edX | Traditions, and Transformations
|Type of Course||Exchange Program|
|Published Date||22 May 2021|
|Who Can Apply||International Students (Anyone)|
|Course Provider||Harvard University|
Harvard University Free Online Courses on China and Communism from edX. Discover China’s Maoist era, from the Communist Party to Mao’s death and the reopening of China.
About This Free edX Course
- You will learn how communist China fits into a broader socialist world order and how historical interpretations of that time reinforce or challenge the official narrative in China today.
- Develop your own approach with us and gain a critical understanding of the rise of the Communist Party, Sino-Soviet relations, the Cultural Revolution, and ultimately the reopening of China.
What are the outcomes of this Free Online Course on China and Communism at Harvard University?
- How the rise of the Chinese Communist Party came about.
- What has changed under the People’s Republic of Mao Zedong.
- What the reopening and reform of China in the 1970s meant for the country.
- About the cultural, intellectual, political, and economic changes of that time.